Saturday, May 13, 2006

Where do you Splurge?

Everyone has things they like to splurge on. Most of the time I buy the cheapest thing I can find, but there are somethings that only one brand will do. Here are the things we like to spend the extra money on in our house. What things are worth the money to you?

~Thomas Bagels. They cost twice as much as other bagels, but they're huge and yummy and soft and oh yeah, yummy.

~The fastest cable internet connection I can find. Yeah, I know you can get dial-up for 10 bucks a month. I'm impatient. I like it fast. Plus I don't have a land line.

~New Balance Tennis Shoes. They're comfy. They last. They go with almost anything. 'Nuff said.

~Pamper's Swaddlers Diapers. They're the only ones I've found that don't leak. Plus I like the velcro tabs.

~Hair cuts/colors. Yeah, I spend $150 getting my hair done once in a while. But I feel soooo nice afterwards.

~DVR Service. Not home to watch Desperate Housewives? Baby crying in the middle of the Kentuky Derby? Pause. Rewind. Play. Awesome.

~Dyson Vacuum. You have not vacuumed your house till you've used one of these. Seriously. You'll be grossed out about how much stuff was actually in your carpet the first time you use it. If you have a pet, it's totally worth every penny.

~Britax Carseat. Mainly because I iked the color, but it's supposedly the safest one on the market. Because safety matters.

And then there are things I'm a cheap ass about. Where do you go cheap-o?

~My cell phone. I always get the free phone that comes with the plan. Because, really, do I need a camera when I'm on the phone?

~My car. I drive a cheap car and I probably always will. I would like to upgrade to something a little bigger in the future, but nothing expensive.

~ Bread. I buy the 88-cent-a-loaf white bread that will probably kill me someday.

~My silverware. Literally every piece of silverware we own has been stolen from a restaurant. I didn't do it. But someone I know very well, did, and he was kind enough to provide.

~Books. I used to buy books all time. Then I realized you can get the for free at the library. And yes, of course I take them back. What are you going to do with them after you read them, anyway?

So, what do you spend money on? What are you a cheap-o on?

No comments: