Friday, February 17, 2006

Unknown Housing

Next Friday, I'm moving into an apartment I've never seen. I'm very frightened by this.

Donald and I moved to Hattiesburg the week before Katrina. Yep, bad timing, I know. That's been happening a lot lately, but that's another story completely. Anyway...we've been staying with a few fairies for the past six months because Dad's house was completely destroyed by the storm. We tried desperately to find housing in Hattiesburg, but it seems more than a few people's homes were destroyed, so no apartments have been available. We looked at a duplex a few weeks ago, but it was completely disgusting and way overpriced. So....we decided to move to Jackson.

I like Jackson; there are parks and museums and a few normal people. But...I don't know Jackson very well. We looked at quite a few places, but none had everything we wanted for the price we wanted. We finally found two complexes that were in our price range that had the amenities we needed. Apartment A was big, clean, had brand new kitchen appliances....but the complex itself was kinda ghetto. Plus it didn't have a washer/dryer connection. Apartment B had everything we wanted, plus the grounds were clean and it is in a good part of town (or so I hear). But...they didn't have any units available for us to view. So...we signed the lease anyway. Next weekend we move in. This might be the craziest thing I've ever done. Oh yeah...right next to moving to the coast during hurricane. That was fun.

No comments: