Sunday, August 26, 2007

Had my second-to-last Kaplan training session tonight. It's still going fine but I will be glad when it's over! I'm not sure when I'll get a class yet. The final session is Sept. 5, so I have this week off to hopefully get some school work done - 4 papers to go and they are all at least 4-5 pages, so we'll see. My goal was to be done by the end of the month, but I'll be happy with finishing by Sept. 7. Then hopefully I can finish up the last class by the end of September and have Oct - December free. That would be nice. I'd be able to really focus on my tutoring with Brainfuse and teaching with Kaplan (if I get a class).

As you can see at the top of the page, I put up two counters; one for days until we move, and the other for our savings. Donald and I were talking yesterday and we both agreed that time is going to fly between now and our move. 8.5 months to go! Seems like forever but it is not really that long. We are still thinking about where we want to go. We'd almost settled on Eugene, Oregon, but now we're leaning more toward Portland or even Vancouver, Washington. We still have a lot of research to do but I'm loving the sounds of Portland more every day. Seems like a wonderful city.

Anyway, I'm going to try to get to bed early tonight - if you call 12:30 early. I try to start the week feeling fresh :o)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Ugh, I'm glad I don't have to write any papers!!!

I can't believe you're moving so far away. And I didn't even get to come see you when you were close!

:(

Kelly said...

Oh well, at least we have internet! We can keep in touch just as well I suppose!