Friday, October 19, 2007

A Peeler Post

Lauren is 21 months! She's really come a long way developmentally in the last 2 months especially. She is now talking up a storm! About a month ago I was thinking that I should write down all the words she knows and count them up. I figured she knew about a hundred. Well, since then, her vocabulary has at least tripled! There's no way I could keep track of everything she knows now. Her speech pattern is kind of humorous. She ends all of her sentences with "yeah". As in, "Play pool, yeah", or "Horse neigh, yeah". It's cute.

She loves anything baby. She has a couple baby dolls but loves this one the most. She feeds her and tries to change her diaper, and even tries to nurse her. Apparently baby wanted water in this picture.

She's a pretty good eater, too. She loves chicken and when ever we ask her what she wants for dinner, she'll say "Chicky, yeah". Hah. Here she is eating her spaghetti a few days ago.


Her hair...I don't know what to do with it. It is finally growing, but now its in her face all the time. She pulls out barrettes, and it's not quite long enough to put in a pony tail. She always ends up looking like mommy never brushes her hair!

We went to Target the other day and took a trip down the Halloween costume aisle. I couldn't decide what I wanted her to be, so I figured I'd let her choose. So, I let her out of the cart and figured whichever costume she liked, she could have. She ended up going straight to this horse thing....when she puts it on it looks like she's riding a horse. It's cute, but of course it was the most expensive toddler costume they had. Oh well. I think she'll play with it even after Halloween because it is a big stuffed horse, so maybe she'll get my money's worth. We'll see. Anyway, I had to find her a cowboy hat to go along with it, so we ended up with this one. She had it on yesterday and was dancing around the house with it on.


She also loves to "help" mommy. She "helped" me make pumpkin bread and caramel apples yesterday. The kid ate pumpkin puree right off the spoon (yuck!). She apparently liked it though. She was in charge of putting nuts on the apples. Yeah, that didn't go so well. She had fun though.

We made sock puppets the other day with a couple of Donald's old socks.


Finally, she has started making funny faces that just crack me up. When she does this one, she looks exactly like my grandma used to when she took out her dentures and tried to scare me. She'll now make this face on command when you ask her to do the funny face. Quite the little comedian!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Too cute! I wish I could see her in person. I know Olivia and Madison would have a ball playing with her!