Monday, June 25, 2007

I can't believe I get to say this - WE ARE OUT OF DEBT!!!! Except for student loans :o( But all the credit cards, other loans and MY CAR!! are paid off! We'll be paying on our student loans until we die (or win the lottery), but that's OK. At least we're ejumacated :o)

So there'll be no Wisconsin for me this summer :o( We are entering saving money mode. We are trying to save $10,000 by next summer so we can move!

I really am sad about not going to Wisconsin, though. Even though my family is a pain in the rump, I do miss them (sometimes). Plus, now we probably won't get back there until fall/winter of 2008! We were thinking of going back this fall for a few days, but now we will probably end up using Donald's last four vacation days to go to Oregon to scope out a few cities.

This whole Mississippi thing just hasn't worked out for us. The only thing that is keeping us here right now is Donald's job. He really does have an awesome job, even though the company is starting to go to crap. Anyway, we sure didn't plan on Katrina destroying the city where we had planned on living, and Jackson - well, it sucks.

We've both been complaining about this place for a year, at least. I'm sick of complaining about it and not doing anything to fix it, so it's time to change that. I really want to get in a place that can be home, especially since we're going to have to start thinking about school for Lauren in a few years. I need somewhere that jives with my soul where I can feel at home.

We've done some preliminary research in the last week or so, and right now Eugene, Oregon is the top choice. We'll almost certainly end up somewhere in Oregon; we're also considering Portland and Salem. Eugene seems like a great place with progressive politics, lots to do, and WONDERFUL schools (they have a Japanese immersion elementary school - how cool is that?). Anyway, this it. Once we get somewhere, we're staying for a long time. I want to start saving for a nice big house down payment, so we've got to quit wasting money on moving!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great job getting out of debt...I wish I could say the same for us! That's really great.

Oregon?? WOW! Too bad you've been in MS all this time and we've never gotten together. Maybe we can before you go to Oregon!