Friday, September 07, 2007

Let me tell you about my horrible week....

Yesterday I was getting ready to go to Target to pick up a few things, and decided that I'd better check to see how much money we had in the checking account. When I pulled up our account, I was in for a shock - our rent check had bounced! I about passed out. Turns out I forgot to write down our trip to Cozumel for lunch one day last week, which made our checking account $12 short when the rent check went to go through. Yeah. So of course we have every penny of our extra money sitting in our HSBC high interest savings account, and couldn't just transfer the money, so I had to go talk to our apartment manager and let her know what was going on. I ended up bawling my eyes out in front of her (yes, I totally felt like a douche bag), and she was really nice about it and everything. She said that we'd have to pay a late fee now as well as a returned check fee (an extra $50 - youch!) plus pay the rent that day with a money order. We still use our credit union in Wisconsin for our checking, so I couldn't just run to the bank to get the money out. I had to seriously DIG through all of our filing cabinet to find our ATM card for our savings account, the dig to find the PIN (we've never taken money out of this account before!), then go to three different ATMs in order to get out enough money. I finally got it all taken care of, but jeez I felt stupid. That's the first time we've ever bounced a check! Then when I came back to the office to give them the money order, I ended up bawling again. Ugh. That's so unlike me - usually I'm able to hold it together pretty well, but I was wreck yesterday. I guess between the situation and Donald and then Lauren being in a cranky mood it was all just too much. Donald was pissed, but I think he's over it now. Oh well. Life goes on I guess.

Then today I wake up and find that almost all of the videos Donald made last month for ExpoTV have been rejected! We've been making video reviews of a website to make extra money for our savings account - we've made over $2000 so far! Well, last month they decided to change some of the categories to $10 a video, so of course we made a ton of $10 videos. They rejected them all for "poor audio and video quality" when we used the same set-up we'd used on every other video that was approved! So, by them rejected those 50 videos or so, we lost $500! We are going to email them about it so hopefully they change their minds, but geez! This is too much!

So on top of all this, I've been trying to finish that damned SAT. Yeah. Not going to happen. Apparently the SAT is a hell of a lot harder than the ACT. Heh. I sat down to do the math sections the other night and just laughed. I emailed my supervisor and told her that there's no way I'd feel comfortable teaching kids this stuff right now, and she hasn't emailed me back yet so she's probably mad. Whatever. These kids (or their parents, I should say) pay nearly $1000 bucks to take this class, and for that kind of money they deserve a teacher who knows what they're doing. If I had a few months and could actually take the time to re-learn this stuff, it would be a totally different story. I told her I'd be happy to study for a while and then try to teach an SAT class at a later date, so we'll see.

So yeah. I hope my first ACT class tomorrow goes better than the rest of the week has. I told Donald I need a free vacation! Free because I don't want to stress about having to spend any money on it! Too bad I don't think that's going to happen :o(

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ugh, sorry your week was so bad!
I understand about the bounced checks. We've done that a few times b/c I forgot to write stuff down! Oops!

Good thing a new week starts tomorrow! Hope it's better!