Friday, September 14, 2007

This week I did two college fairs for Kaplan. Basically I just had to go to the school, set up our table, and talk to students (or more likely - their parents) about our classes. It was interesting, and strange at the same time, being back in a high school. It'd been a long time since I'd been around high school kids. It went well, though. It was fun talking to them and talking to other college recruiters, too. Kind of depressing at the same time, though - if I'd have known in high school what I know now I would have probably went to a different college. Not that I didn't like Madison, because I did - I loved it. BUT - there's something to be said about leaving college with no student loans. Ah well. Can't change the past!

Anyway, I teach my first "real" class on Saturday. Last week I just talked to the parents while the kids took their diagnostic test. I think I have 5 kids in my class, and their scores range from a 14 to a 27, so there's a big variety there. I'm looking forward to it, so hopefully it goes well!

Everything else is fine. Donald isn't annoying me as much this week (maybe it was PMS?), so I guess I'll keep him :o) It's finally starting to cool off, but I wish it was still about 20 degrees cooler (60s would be nice).

Had to get Lauren ANOTHER pair of shoes today because she's out grown 4 pairs in the past few months. The kid is breaking me with shoes. In March I got her a pair of Keds sandals, size 5 that were huge on her. She wore those until about June, then I got her a pair of cheapo sandals at Target, size 6. Only took her about a month to outgrow those. She outgrew her sneakers about the same time, so I got her a pair of New Balances (6.5) in July. Now they're too small! So, she got a pair of Nike mary jane sneaks today at Kohls (size 7!!!), so I'm hoping those will at least last her through the fall! The kid has some huge feet! It's really annoying buying shoes all the time. I looked at some at Target last time I was there for some sneakers, but they were so stiff that I just couldn't bring myself to making her wear them. The shoes we got today from Kohls are so light and flexible that I wish I could get a pair!

No comments: