Monday, April 16, 2007

We finally got our taxes finished today. Why is it that we get a huge return from Federal but have to pay in to State? I don't get it. Eh, oh well.

We went swimming last night and met a really nice lady who lives in our complex that has offered babysitting! Yippie! She just moved here from North Carolina to take care of her dad who has dementia, and her kids are in college, so I guess she's bored. She seems very nice and she played with Lauren in the pool and Lauren even seemed to like her. So hopefully we can get to know her a little and then she can babysit! It will be a welcome relief.

Hmm...oh yeah, if you have a CVS nearby you can get a free stroller there this week. If you spend $20 on Huggies products, you get the stroller free. I had some coupons, so I got 2 Jumbo packs of diapers, a thing of wipes, plus the stroller for $12 (paid for with Extra bucks, so free really). Not a bad deal if you can use an umbrella stroller. All we had was our big Peg Perego and we've been wanting a smaller one just for quick trips to the park, etc., so that worked out great for us. We're a Pampers family (when we use disposables) and I've never used Huggies before, so hopefully they work out okay...trying to stock up for vacation.

Let's see....what else? Lauren's back to healthy. She had a pretty crazy rash Friday and Saturday that I'm pretty sure was roseola, but she's much better now. Back to her happy self, thank goodness, because I was ready to give her away!

Okay, I guess that's as much as I can think of right now. Better get back to work on this damn paper. Belch.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That didn't make sense to me either. We got a really good return from Federal and then had to pay in to state. Whatever! :)

That's good that you maybe have found a babysitter. If she's trustworthy that is!

We don't have a CVS in Fulton of course. I think there's one in Tupelo...but I never make it over there. Sounds like a good deal though. I'm glad Lauren is doing well. I know you're getting excited about your trip!