Saturday, March 24, 2007

Week in Review

Wednesday: Left after Donald got home from work for the coast. We stopped at McD's in Hattiesburg to let Lauren crawl around the playground for awile. Donald and I climbed through with her. This made me feel really old. We got to Gulfport around 9:30 and we were all starving, so we stopped at KFC in hopes that they would have green beans for Lauren. They were out. She survived with mac 'n cheese.

Thursday: We spent most of the day on the beach. Donald went metal detecting and found a table buried in the sand. Crazy man dug it out! Lauren and I made sand castles. There were some weird turtles buried in the sand on the beach. There were two sets of two turtles stuck to each other...I think they were mating or maybe laying eggs :o) I keep meaning to look them up and see what kind they were, but....I keep forgetting. We also went thrifting, but didn't find much of anything.
Donald and his table.


Lauren and a sandcastle.


You can't see it here, but there's another turtle buried in the sand in front of this one. These guys have some crazy shells...they are very round with what looks like gravel stuck on them.

Friday: We got home around 7:00 AM. Donald went to work, Lauren and I slept most of the day. We were tired.

Today we went to Taco del Mar (translation: Taco of the Sea) for dinner. One of my favorite restaurants is Chipotle, and I'd heard that TDM was like Chipotle, so we had to check it out. It was pretty good, but not as good as Chipotle. Still good stuff though. We also went to Kohl's to get Donald some new shirts and me some new undies :o) Had to find some white ones to wear under my white capris! Also stopped at Hobby Lobby to get some alphabet stickers for Lauren's scrapbook. Hmm....not much else.

We have to go to the dreaded Wal-Mart tomorrow. I generally avoid WM like the plague on Sundays, but Monday we have swim class and we are leaving for California on Tuesday, so tomorrow it is. Donald is getting excited about having a week to himself to do "boy things" and I am getting excited about going to California!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

LOL I love the table. Did you bring it home with you? I'm glad you all had a good time. Be safe in California!