Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Hope you all had a nice 4th. Ours was just fine. We were planning on grilling this afternoon, but it looked like it was going to rain, so we scrapped that plan and went to CrapDonald's instead. The only good thing about McDonald's is that they have an indoor playground so Peeler can run around and be crazy without driving other people crazy. After dinner we headed over to the festival in Madison. It started to rain about ten minutes after we got there, and it didn't look like it was going to quit any time soon, so we went to WalFart for a while and just walked around. After an hour of that, we left, discovered it had quit raining, so went back to the park to watch the fireworks. They were surprisingly good! Lauren really liked them, too. It ended up taking us nearly an hour to get out of the park, so we didn't get home until after ten.

So, yeah, we had a good day. Donald and I still miss our 4th of July celebrations that we used to have in Wisconsin, though. Those were never boring. Our friend, Levi, his birthday is the 4th as well, so we always did a joint celebration that included lots of alcohol and even more fireworks. The last year we were up there (2005), I was pregnant and felt like crap, so I missed most of the fun. Donald had enough for the both of us, though. Our friend, Shawn, worked the night shift at the Hampton and kept the pool area open for our crew. Well, Donald decided it would be a good idea to empty about 20 mini-sized bottles of shampoo into the hot tub. Needless to say, there were suds EVERYWHERE. I slept through the entire event, but in the morning when we went down for breakfast, the pool area was still knee-deep in suds. It was horrible - and funny!

The year before that (2004), we were again at the Hampton. I honestly don't remember much of that year because Cortney decided it would be a good idea to play a drinking game with Blue UV. Now seriously, I've never been a big drinker. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been drunk. OMG, I ended up sooooo drunk that night. I paid for it too - I was sick!

I'm trying to remember what year Nick stayed at the Hampton with us. Must have been 2003 - maybe 2002? I can't remember. Anyway, that night ended with him streaking down the hallway nekkid - we have (or had) it on video somewhere! Yeah that was fun. Was that the year of the trip to Denny's to see if we could buy whip cream? Cort you'll have to clear that up for me - I think it was!

Ah, memories. Now we're all grown up and scattered all over the country. Sometimes I still wish we were all together up there, but it wouldn't be the same anyway. Most of us have kids, and you just can't do that sort of stuff with munchkins around. Eh, oh well. Someday the kiddos will be grown and we can be the crazy old people who act like we're 20 :o)

Anyway, Donald and I miss you Wisconsin people! Wish we could have been there :o(

No comments: