Friday, July 13, 2007

Soooo....

My sister told my mom and I a couple weeks ago that she felt a lump in her breast. Neither one of us really took it too seriously, but we both told her to make an appointment with the doctor to get it looked at. You might wonder why we didn't really think too much of it - Lexy is like the little boy who cried wolf. She's cried so many times we just stopped making a big deal out of these types of things. Lexy ended up making an appointment and went to the doctor last Friday.

The doctor did a breast exam and was concerned because Lexy says the lump hurts. She scheduled an ultrasound to determine what kind of lump it was, and she went to that yesterday. The ultrasound found that the lump is solid (so not a cyst) and that Lexy would need a biopsy and bloodwork to determine if it is cancerous, but she will need to get the lump removed surgically regardless. Her next appointment is with the surgeon July 24.

The good news is that it is pretty unlikely that it is cancer. She's only 19, and cancer doesn't run in our family. There are a million other things that it could be. Still, I'm worried about her and I know my mom is worried....

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I hope everything turns out OK with her. Maybe it's just something else that's not serious. I'll be praying for her!