Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I have been so tired the last few days, and I've finally figured out why. Instead of the usual Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper that flows through my veins, I've been drinking Caffeine Free Diet Coke. Kroger had a sale a few weeks ago, and I had coupons, so I stocked up, and that's all we have left. I was so exhausted this morning, I had to stop at Starbucks and get a cup of coffee on the way to the playground. I was about to fall asleep! An hour and another Diet Coke later, and I was feeling fine. Must go get caffeinated soda tomorrow! Something has to supplement the measly 5 hours of sleep I get a night!

In my exhaustion this morning, Lauren had a first. She watched TV! Donald and I watch TV at night when she's around, but she's never actually watched a kid show before. Well, this morning I hooked up the DVD player and put in Disney's Alice in Wonderland, and then I planted my butt on the sofa. It lasted all of 15 minutes until she was bored with it. Figures.

After the TV didn't work, I gave in and we got dressed. We started for the playground, but on the way there it started to rain, so we went to the Micky D's with a playground indoors. There was this other little girl there, she was probably 2-3ish. Peeler LOVED her. They walked around hugging each other. It was so cute. Just when I thought it couldn't get any cuter, Peeler gave her a kiss. I wish I would have had my camera with me. Just darling.

And as if this post needed another topic, I got hired by Kaplan! I start training in two weeks. I have to attend a 4-5 hour training session every Sunday in August, with additional computer training at home (it's paid). After training, I'll be teaching my very own once-a-week class. I'm looking forward to it - I won't make much only working a few hours a week, but it'll be nice to get out and maybe meet some people. I'd pretty much given up on the job - I had my interview waaaay back in the middle of May. They said they'd contact me when they had a training session start, and I never heard anything until yesterday. I'm glad I got in, though!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey, you know, it's funny...when I started reading that blog entry and you said you finally know why you're so tired I thought you were about to say because you were pregnant!

Have you tried Barney? I know lots of people don't like Barney...but they do teach some good principles. Madison is 21 months old...and she loves Barney. She will sit down and watch it for 30-45 minutes. That's a long time for a 1 year old! Anyway, if you need some peace, you might try it.

Kelly said...

What video were you watching with the ABC's? She is too cute!

Isla said...

Jake starting watching Sesame Street occasionally back in March (when we moved and got pregnant again). I was planning on waiting until he was two, but that didn't happen. He watches it maybe once a week when I have some really important phone calls, etc. He loves Elmo and the letter of the day.

Kelly said...

Oh, congrats on your job too! That's great. Who's gonna keep Lauren?