Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I started this new job thing with Brainfuse.com doing online tutoring. My first sessions were today and it was fun! I'm a little worried about doing it with Lauren at home, since I really need to concentrate on my students, but today it worked out okay. She slept the first hour and a half, and then when she woke up I had tons of goodies out to keep her busy. I did four-one hour sessions today, but only two of the students showed up. At least I get paid for waiting! If it works out, I'm considering hiring a mother's helper to come play with Lauren in the afternoons while I work. I just don't know how much I'd be able to pay. What would be reasonable for playing with a one-year old while mama is still there from 2-5:30 Tue-Friday? $50-60 a week? I have no idea what real daycare costs LOL.

Here are some pictures of Lauren "entertaining" herself while I was working today.




1 comment:

Kelly said...

She's too cute! I don't know what to tell you about the babysitting. I get $10 a day...but that's really not enough for the amount of time that I keep them. Anyway, it's probably higher around the Jackson area. That would probably be accurate. Or they could tell you how much they charge and you could tell them if that is OK with you. Do you get paid alot to do the tutoring?