Wednesday, February 14, 2007


Three things:

What is up with smocked dresses and the South? Before moving here, I'd never even seen or heard of the things. I guess all the little girlies wear them to church or something and the mommies think they're adorable. I personally think they're ugly (the dresses, not the girlies). And jon-jons! Those are horrible. I can almost imagine a little boy growing up to want to kill his mother for putting in something so horrific. I dunno, I guess I'm just a damn Yankee.

The only decent thing about these get-ups are that when I find them in the thrifts, I can sell them to all those yuppie-southern-belle mommies out there for a pretty penny. Hehehe.

Second, and related to First: Why must little girls have HUGE hair bows? Again, must be a southern thing because I've never seen such craziness in my life. The combination of smocking and bowing is enough to drive me batty.

Third, and most importantly: Every time I'm in the Wal-Mart parking lot, I want to jump out of my car and beat somebody. People will wait for someone else's parking spot for the longest time, backing up traffic through the rows. This drives me nuts. Monday I had to run to WM to get some junk, and I wasn't half-way up the row walking back to my car, and some idiot was following me waiting for my spot. I didn't even have a good spot! There was another spot open literally three slots up from me, but this idiot waited for me to move so she didn't have to walk the extra ten feet! I knew what the lady was doing as soon as I saw her, so I purposely took my time putting my bags in the trunk, buckling in Lauren, and opening my soda. It had to have taken me a good 3-4 minutes. And she just sat there, waiting for me to back out. All the while, of course, there's a line of cars backed up behind her who can't get through because she's too lazy to walk the extra ten feet. OOOOOhhh this pizzes me off. It ticks me off even more when I'm stuck behind one of these bimbos. Seriously, I've never seen people do this before. Even in Wisconsin when it's 10 degrees below zero, people just find a spot and deal with it. Or at least keep driving around until a spot closeby opens up. But NEVER, just sit and wait.

*Stepping off soapbox now*

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I guess I am a yuppie southern belle mommie. I think that the smocked dresses are cute. Madison actually has one, but her grandmother made it. I can't spend that much money on those things! They're like $40 a piece. But sorry, I do think they're cute. But I don't, however, like the big hairbows.

And it drives me crazy to see someone wait forever for a parking place too.

Kate said...

Hey, that's okay that you like them. It just drives me crazy that all the mamas around here are so nuts. They always have those Orient Expressed catalogues sitting out at swim class, and these crazy ladies go nuts over them, circling what thier girls just HAVE to have. Because, like, if she doesn't get this dress, all her other mommy friends won't like her. That's what I meant by yuppie mamas. Not you - I know you're normal! :o)