Monday, February 26, 2007

We ended up going to the coast for the weekend, and we had a great time. My dad had $250 in free play for the Beau, so we used that and won $550 with it! So, our whole weekend plus some was paid for.

I love the coast. Donald and I had intended on moving there, but then came the hurricane and, well, that was the end of that. The last time we spent any time on the coast was January 2005, right before Lauren was born. There's been some progress rebuilding since then, but not as much as I was expecting. Many houses have been rebuilt, but there are still many, many FEMA trailers. The beaches are mainly open, but the water is very dirty. The thing that makes me said, however, is seeing all the little trailers on the beach that are sales offices for the new condos that are being built. The coast used to be such a quaint, spunky place and I fear that all these new sparkling condos will take that away.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the beach.


Lauren crawled up and down the beach chasing the seagulls. She wanted to pet one so badly!


Daddy and Rooster sharing some important info.


Sitting on the pile of sand mama made.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Looks like you had a good time. I would love to go to the beach and take the girls! Is there much to do there yet? We didn't figure it would even be worth going.