Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Catching Up

We ended up taking Peeler to the Dr. yesterday afternoon. Turns out she has bronchitis and an ear infection. They gave her a shot of Rocephin in the office and a prescription for Omincef for the next 10 days. I'm not usually a big fan of antibiotics because I generally think they're overused, but honestly, I don't have the energy right now to care. Sounds bad, I know, but I'm wiped. The good news is she seems to be feeling better today and actually slept from 9:30 last night till 8:00 this morning.

It seems now though that Donald and I are getting sick. I'm all coughy and stuffy this morning, and Donald says he is stuffy, too. And that's just terriffic. HAHA.

I did pass my test last Wednesday. Seems like a month ago already, but I guess it wasn't. Heh. My new term started Dec. 1, but I'm taking it easy for now.

I'm shopping for good, affordable health insurance for Peeler and I (Donald gets his free from work). Any suggestions? Donald can add us to his policy at work for about $280 a month, but that seems like an awful lot.

Okay, guess that's it. If I've promised you anything in the last week or so, I'm sorry. I'm sooo backed up in all areas right now. I REALLY need to go to the Post Office today - I have about 10 packages and all my Christmas cards to mail. So if you're expecting a package from me - with any luck at all you'll have it soon. Heh.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hey! This is a little note on the health insurance deal...
GOOD LUCK!
hehe
We all have to buy our own insurance since David is a minister and no insurance is provided. We had an OK plan with MEGA life and health insurance, but it was only sickness or injury, and didn't cover the girls well visits. Plus, they were starting to not want to pay for alot of the sick visits we had, so we just switched to something local. I can't remember the name of it right now. IT's not that great either. It pays $50 per doctor visit for the girls, so if I take them to their pediatrician I'll end up paying about $50 for each visit! UGH! ANyway, that's about the best they had that we could afford, and it's $330.95 a month for all 4 of us. If Donald's insurance is good...you might ought to think about getting that. Usually insurance policies through groups(work) are so much better. Well, just thought I'd give you some insight! :) Maybe I helped. I hope Lauren gets better really soon! Don't worry about the package. Just do what you gotta do! Hope you and Donald feel better to! Hey, and don't feel bad about the antibiotics! At least she's feeling better now!