Saturday, December 09, 2006

Why I am a Horrible Mother Part I (Because I'm sure there will be more)


So, yeah Peeler "helped" me bake Chistmas cookies. After I had finished mixing the dough, her little spider arms grabbed the spatula from the counter, and she started licking the dough off. At first I didn't really think anything of it - I figured I'd let the kid have some fun. Haha. Then I realized there were raw eggs in the dough. Yeah. Yummy salmonella. Well, she hasn't gotten sick yet, so I'm assuming it'll be fine.....

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You are not a horrible mother! haha she does look like she's enjoying it! I do stuff like that sometimes too, then later I realize what I did and panic for a while until it's over. I'm sure she'll be fine. This lady at church told me that she always eats the batter with raw eggs. I told her she's crazy because of salmonella...she said when she was sick one time the dr. told her to drink raw eggs. i was grossed out and still don't think i could do that. anyway, i'm glad lauren is good. she looks like a very good helper.

Isla said...

Ha Ha! I started a list of "things to apologize to Jake for when he is older" the first day he was born.