Thursday, December 28, 2006

Okay, so Peeler and I went to the mall today to do a Godiva shop, among other things, and every other person I saw was wearing mini skirts, leggings, and big belts. I feel like I've just stepped out of the 80s. There are some fashions that should just NOT come back. I'll admit that Peeler has a pair of leg warmers, but they were just too darn cute to pass up. I dunno, I guess Santa's gift of choice this year was 80s duds.

On another note, I'm totally loving Freecycle. In the past few weeks, I've gotten rid of so much clutter - the crib, ExerSaucer, old stroller, other random baby stuff....I love it! A lady is supposed to be coming tonight to pick up some more stuff. I really thought I'd be sad about seeing all the baby stuff go, but I'm not. I'm so ready to be past the baby stage.

Speaking of baby stuff - how exactly does one go about entertaining an almost-one-year old for long periods of time? Maybe this is bad - but I get so bored trying to entertain her all the time. Well, not all the time, because she's pretty good about playing by herself, but of course I need to play with her sometimes. After we do the ball rolling thing, ring stacking, reading a book or two, playing with the cat....I'm just out of ideas. I tried giving her markers today, but she was more into eating them than drawing with them. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

OK, first of all, I don't like the 80s thing either. I just can't stand those legging things...ugh. They are cute on babies and kids, but not adults, especially large ones like me :)

Second, what is Freecycle?

Third, where does Lauren sleep if you got rid of her crib?

Finally, good luck entertaining the babe. Olivia has finally gotten to the age where she will play by herself for a pretty good while...she's 2 1/2. Madison is 1 yr. 3 months. She'll entertain herself for a while but then it's really hard to entertain her. I've learned that anything one on one is her favorite. Books, pointing out and naming body parts (nose, eyes, mouth). All those fisher price things that supposedly keep one year olds busy don't work for me. She's happier with something like toilet paper! :) Sorry, my only suggestion is to just keep doing what you're doing til she gets a little older. Then she'll come up with her own favorite things.

Kate said...

Freecycle is a site where people post stuff they're giving away for free, locally. It is wonderful.

Lauren sleeps with us in the family bed. She's never slept in the crib, it was given to us by a friend before she was born. We had it set up at one point, and we used it to dress and change her, but since we moved we never put it back up. We have one of those co-sleeper things that attaches to the bed that she slept in for a few weeks, but we just found it easier to put her in with us.

I agree about the "baby toys". They're fun for her for about 30 seconds, and then they're forgotten. I beg and plead with our family to just send cash instead (for her savings acct), but they keep sending toys. I should open a toy store. Heh. I swear, babies should come with a manual.