Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 was a year of beginnings for me and Donald. We began our life as a family in January and have spent the year adjusting and readjusting to our new roles as parents. In February we moved to Jackson. April brought a new job for Donald which is very much turning into a career. We are both very thankful for his job in that it lets me stay home with Lauren. In June I began on the path towards my Master's degree. Finally, in November, we began the long process of paying off our debt so that we can buy a house someday.

Looking back, its fun to see how far we've come. Ten years ago tonight, I had my very first date. I was in 9th grade, and my very first boyfriend was Jason from Ohio. We met at the campgrounds over the summer, but we lived 30 miles apart, which to a 14 year old might as well be 1000 miles. I remember I would save my lunch money to call him on the payphone, because his number was long distance and dad wouldn't let me call him from home. Anyway, on New Year's Eve, dad took me to the skating rink he worked at, and after Jason got off work, we skated together. It was perfect, in that 14 year old sort of way. I remember writing in my journal later that night about how I was going to marry him. Eventually Jason and I lost touch, and I have no idea what he's doing now.

Looking forward, I'm hoping this will be a good year for us. I'm hoping for a year of continuity, to work on all the things that began last year. A year of growth, happiness, and calmness (doubtful with a toddler! in the house). Happy 2007!!

No comments: