Monday, January 29, 2007

My mom went in for her MRI today. The hospital called a few hours after she got home and told her that she needed to come back in tomorrow for a Carotid Artery Scan, so we're all thinking they found a blockage. Apparently a blockage in the carotid artery isn't that big of deal and it can be removed with a pretty simple surgery, but it still sucks for her. I'm just thankful that she went to the doctor in time for something to be done.

In other news, my sister might be pregnant. I say might because she's claimed she was pregnant before just to get attention, so who knows if she's telling the truth. She says she took a home test last week and it was positive, but "she's not worrying yet because sometimes the tests are wrong" (her words, not mine). I told her that she needs to get into Planned Parenthood and get a freakin' test, but she doesn't seem too concerned. Ugh, that kid does not need a kid of her own.

Lovely, I tell ya. Just lovely.

But there is one good thing - my dad will be home tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that it isn't a big deal (the surgery I mean) but they do it so much now that it has almost become routine! I hope she does OK. Maybe your sister isn't pregnant. At least to hear you talk of it, it wouldn't be a good thing.