Thursday, January 11, 2007

Just a vent

My mom only calls me when bad things happen. See, the thing is, I don't care. I don't care how drunk Jake got last night. I don't care that Lexy called the cops on him for bashing her in the head. I don't care that mom bailed him out of jail for it. I don't care that she hates her job but doesn't have the balls to find something new. I don't care how many guys Lexy has slept with. I don't care how many creditors have called or how close she is to filing bankruptcy. I don't care that she makes $90,000 a year and can't find the money to pay her car insurance. I. don't. care.

It's not that I want bad things to happen to them. I don't. I want only good things to happen to my family. It's just that whenever the phone rings and "Mom's House" comes up on the screen, I know she's going to complain about something. I sit on the other end and say, "Uh, huh...that sucks....yeah, I hear ya...."

It's always the same story every time we talk. The dog had a seizure. I hate my job. The kids are brats. Lexy is a whore. Jake got drunk last night. Lee is driving me crazy.

Hey...I have the perfect solution to all of this. Kick the kids out (they're 19 and 20), stop drinking, and pay your damn bills! I'm a freaking genius.

This is the reason I moved to Mississippi. This is the reason that even though I'm homesick as hell, I will never move within 100 miles of my mother again. I love my mom, I just can't stand being around that chaos.

I'll keep my simple, lonely life, thanks.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hey, sorry your mom does that to you. I'm glad you're in Mississippi too!