Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!


We've had a nice, quiet Christmas here. Our festivities began Saturday night. We went out to Applebee's for dinner, and Donald's mom called us during dinner and insisted that we open our presents that night, because that's when they were opening thiers. So, we got home and opened up our presents from Donald's family. Lauren didn't really get the concept of "opening presents", but she had fun once they were opened for her. She got soooo much stuff, and I really don't know where we're going to put it all. She got:
3 outfits from Gymboree (Donald's mom)
4 other springy outfits (Donald's mom)
Old Navy bibs and turtleneck (Charlotte - Donald's sister)
Drop & Roar Dinosaur (Me & Donald)
Baby LeapFrog system & cartridge (My dad)
Playskool Ball popper thing (Kate & Mike - Donald's cousins)
Laughing baby doll (Aunt Cathy)
Regular baby doll (my mom)
Little People play set (Me & Donald)
Two hooded towels, frog and duck (Donald's mom)
Two Pooh outfits (Danielle and Eric - Donald's cousins)
Crocodile Piano (My mom)
Farm animals popper thing (Anna - Donald's sister)
Mega Bloks set (Me & Donald)
Glow in the dark Care Bear (Donald's mom)
Little Tykes Trains, Planes, and Cars toy (Me & Donald)
Check for savings from Great Grandma Addyman
LeapFrog Farm Puzzle (My dad)
Musical shape stacker thing (Donald's mom)
And I know there's more, but right now it's buried so sorry to those people who's stuff I didn't list.





Our almost-hidden Christmas tree.


Peeler opening her ball popper thing that takes FOUR "D" Batteries. Ugh.



Hmmm....what's this?



The Crocodile Piano that doesn't work - gotta take it back to Toys R Us and get an exchange.

Later, Donald and I exchanged our gifts. He got me an arm band for my iPod, a rack for the DVDs and tapes, and two watches. I gave him a marshmallow gun, a talking bank for all his change, and a watch. From Donald's family I got a shit-ton of scrapbooking stuff and a candy dish. Donald got loads of Star-Wars stuff and a day planner. Then Donald got busy assembling everything :o)

Yesterday (Christmas Eve), Donald had to go into work for a while to play catch-up, so Peeler and I cooked dinner. We made ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and ham gravy, glorified rice, rolls, pumpkin pie, and apple crisp pie. It was all yummy, and Donald cleaned up after dinner. The rest of the night we sat around and watched Christmas shows on TV and played with our new stuff.

Today, we got up around 10:30 and I cooked a big breakfast - eggs, pancakes, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, cinnamon rolls, and donuts. We've talked to a million people on the phone, and now we're just lounging around. We don't plan on getting out of our PJs, except to go swimming later, and that's just fine with me. I would have liked to spend the day with family, but since that's not possible, this was okay. Next year we're going home, darnit.

Hope everyone had a great day!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sounds like you all had a good Christmas! I'm glad! Haha, that tree picture is funny, you can barely see it there's so many presents! :)