Thursday, May 03, 2007

Ugh, I just ate so many strawberries that now I have a stomache ache. But they are so delicious!

We went to storytime today but had to leave halfway through because the kid took a monstrous dump right in the middle of it. I went out to the car to get a new diaper, but discovered that when Donald cleaned out the car, he really cleaned out the car. So, we had to go home because she was super stinky.

I passed my test last night. It is so different studying to pass than studying to get a good grade. WGU doesn't give grades, just pass or not pass, so the numbers don't matter. I got an 82 on my test, which is just fine since 70 is passing. I'm sure I could have done better if I'd have actually studied, but why study when the numbers don't matter anyway? Maybe I'm just lazy.

I've been entertaining the idea that maybe I went back to school for the wrong thing. It's probably just the indecisive side coming out, so I'm trying to ignore it for now. I mean, I really want to do something with education (I would love, love, love to open a small, progressive private school someday), but I am really NOT sure I want to teach in a public K12 school. Plus being a teacher is going to keep me poor for the rest of my life. Maybe I should have went the medical route after all. Can you go to school for two things at once? HAHAH...then I'd really be crazy. Imagine working on a teaching and nursing degree at the same time. I'd be better off locking myself in an asylum right now.

Oh Donald would kill me if he even knew I was thinking about more school after this. As if $60,000+ in student loans isn't enough. Why did I turn down that full scholarship to Milsaps again? Oh, how hindsight is 20/20.

Wow okay that's enough rambling for today. This is what happens when I have too much time on my hands!

2 comments:

eatmisery said...

Teaching is gratifying. I've been doing it for thirteen years. I work in the third largest public school system, so I'm able to make great money. The money aspect depends on where you live. I can honestly say that the hours are fabulous; you have summers off; and you don't have to be on call. Heh...

Go with your gut. If you are second-guessing your choice, you're probably right. Good luck.

Kelly said...

Maybe you can figure out what you want to do! I know the entire time I was in nursing school I wanted to quit. David kept talking me out of it. Maybe that's what everyone does? Who knows. Anyway, maybe you can decide.

I love strawberries too!